30 Reasons to attend Fashion Weekend 2012
Fashion Weekend is set to be bigger and better than ever before on Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th of September.
Following on from the hotly anticipated New Zealand Fashion Week 2012, Fashion Weekend offers stunning catwalk shows, seminars, beauty, discounted designer shopping, giveaways, DJ’s, stylish bars, and an exclusive VIP bar, all across two full days.
With so many great reasons to attend and here’s our list of the top 30 things to do at fashion weekend.
1. The early bird catches the worm! Get down to the Viaduct Events Centre when doors open at 10.00am so you don’t miss out on the great deals at the Designer Garage Sale.
2. Get your own runway ready hair thanks to the KMS California team who will be on the ground floor with stylists and hot tools for the ultimate hair touch up.
3. Sit front row in any show at Fashion Weekend and get your very own designer goodie bag to take home.
4. Watch our next generation of fashion designers send their looks down the runway in the YMCA Walk-the-Line Show. This amazing show is put together by the team from ‘Raise Up’.
5. No queuing! Buy a $15 ticket to Fashion Weekend and get a guaranteed seat in a fashion show or seminar so you can arrive at seating time without needing to wait.
6. Take home your own keepsake photo thanks to the mybeautystore.com photo booth and while you’re there enter to win 1 of 3 $500 ultimate beauty kits.
7. Have you ever wondered how the Kleenex designer dresses are made? Learn tips from the designers at the Kleenex Scholarship seminar and be in to win a $3,000 scholarship.
8. Want to spot your favourite looks for next season? Don’t miss the Designer Selection Show with looks from every designer showing in Fashion Week - 12:30pm Saturday & 2.30pm Sunday.
9. Be inspired to drastically revamp your hair look thanks to the Paul Serville seminar and the Servilles Hair Show.
10. Grab a coffee at Allpress while you plan your fashionable day.
11. Get the VIP treatment in the VIP bar upstairs then sit front row in a show thanks to your VIP package – while they last!
12. Learn make up tips from the country’s best at the Smashbox Seminar and while you’re there check out their new range ‘IMAGE FACTORY ‘.
13. Keep fit and fashionable with the Les Mills Show. You will see some of the latest fitness moves choreographed to high energy music with the latest from labels such as Puma, Nike, Adidas, Platinum and more.
14. Do some celebrity spotting at the most glamorous show of the weekend! A must see, the Phoenix Renata Make-up Show features hand painted models, dancers and actors. Get your front row seat while you can!
15. You be the star! Remix Magazine will take your photo and print you out your own A4 copy of Remix with yours truly on the cover as part of the Custom Cover booth. Don’t forget to the digital copy which you can Tweet or Facebook for all your friends to see.
16. Don’t miss out on seeing the elegant, white dresses, crafted from the uniquely-rippled toilet paper take to the runway as part of the Designer Selection Show. These exquisite paper dresses were made by talented students from NZ Fashion Tech.
17. Find your own spot to people watch at the Stoli Lounge and check out their brand new Stoli Cold while grooving to George FM DJs!
18. Stop for a minute and rejuvenate thanks to Ecostore’s brand new skin care products. Formulated by award winning scientist, Sir Ray Avery, try the moisturising hand cream, body lotion and body butter.
19. Learn about the hottest make up looks for the season thanks to the Bodyshop’s national makeup artistry team.
20. Brides to be won’t want to miss the NZ Weddings bridal beauty seminar that gives you the inside tips on getting the hottest bridal beauty looks. You’ll receive a complimentary bridal beauty bag complete with the newest must-haves from Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Joico and Jo Malone.
21. Don’t miss the chance to see Ruby & Liam hit the runway in a never before seen show at Fashion Weekend.
22. Realize you want more at Fashion Weekend and upgrade your $12 entry by $3 and also get a guaranteed seat in a show or seminar.
23. Daydream about the perfect dress at the NZ Weddings Bridal runway show. You will see top designers - Anna Schimmel , A La Robe, Alma J, Crane Brothers (menswear), John Zimmermann, Michelle Yvette, Sera Lilly and Vinka Design.
24. Take to the streets and check out the Fashion Weekend LIVE fashion challenge. Watch designer and celebrity teams battling to make the perfect fashion garment as part of a 2 hour challenge each morning on the waterfront at Auckland’s Viaduct Events Centre.
25. Try on designer bargains from designers like Cybele and Tk Store at the Designer Garage Sale
26. Sit front row at the Dr Catherine Stone seminar and get the real scoop on celebrity botox, plus see plenty of celebrity good and bad photos to keep you entertained.
27. Sit front row at Trelise Cooper and watch this iconic designer showcase 3 of her summer collections while you look through your gorgeous goodie bag.
28. Watch all the fashion shows for the week on the big LG television screens around the venue.
29. Mentally layby the entire Moochi collection in your head!
30. Get your nails done by the experts at Magic Tan Nails and get the backstage goss from their team who did heaps of show nails through the week.
So there you have it, 30 great reasons to grab a group of friends and enjoy this fabulous fashion event...
Tickets are on sale now! Buy Fashion Weekend tickets and VIP packages HERE