Star cast of leaders to judge DHL Express Fashion Export Scholarship 2012
DHL, the world's leading express and logistics company, is delighted to confirm New Zealand’s top fashion and export industry leaders as judges for the DHL Express Fashion Export Scholarship.
These industry heavyweights will be joining representatives from DHL Express and Fashion Industry New Zealand (FINZ) on the 2012 judging panel.
The DHL Express Fashion Export Scholarship judging panel includes:
• Kate Sylvester, one of New Zealand’s most iconic and enduring fashion brands.
• Erica Crawford, prominent New Zealand entrepreneur, exporter, co-founder of Kim Crawford Wines and investor in NZ Fashion companies.
• Carolyn Enting, Associate Editor at MiNDFOOD, fashion writer and commentator.
• Megan Wildermoth, national strategic account manager (fashion and textiles) at DHL Express New Zealand.
• Paul Blomfield, executive officer at Fashion Industry New Zealand (FINZ).
“The calibre of the judges this year is fantastic and we’re thrilled at the expertise that will be in the room. In 2012,we’re taking the scholarship to a whole new level, ensuring the breadth of fashion designers is included.
“New for this year we are allowing online only exporters to enter, so with $10,000 in international freight plus mentoring from DHL and FINZ on offer, we’re anticipating some fierce competition from the applicants,” says “Megan Wildermoth, national strategic account manager (fashion and textiles) at DHL Express.
The scholarship is designed to identify the country’s hottest up-and-coming fashion exporter and assist them in achieving international growth. It’s open to New Zealand designers who have been exporting for less than four years.
Previous winners that have been able to boost their brand internationally with the scholarship include Stolen Girlfriends Club, Twenty Seven Names, Lonely Hearts and last year’s winner’s NYNE.
Entrants are required to complete an official application form and submit lookbooks from previous collections. Applications will be judged across several categories, including ‘brand and design’, ‘sales and marketing’ and ‘export strategy’.
DHL Express Fashion Export Scholarship applications close on Monday, October 29, 2012.