Barbie Ferreira x Havaianas launch the jandal of the summer
Ubiquitous Brazilian footwear brand Havaianas is no stranger to successful fashion collaborations, but this summer the jandal juggernaught treads a new path with its first ever celeb collab.
Most of us know Barbie Ferreira as Kat Hernandez from the hit HBO show Euphoria, but now the Brazilian-American actress is trading in her webcam and extravagant high school fits for these retro-inspired flip flops, infused with nostalgia for her homeland.
“Being Brazilian-American has shaped my heart, my art and my fashion endlessly,” says Barbie. “Getting the chance to design for a company that represents my family and me in a nostalgic way is incredibly exciting, and I can’t wait for everyone to enjoy what we came up with.”
Putting the emphasis on enjoyment, here are 8 ways to wear your Barbie Havis this summer…
- Hot-footing it from car to branded-beach towel across the scorching sand, because safety first.
- During the mandatory Christmas day walk, post-demolishing a whole plate of Nana’s famous potatoes.
- Driving home from your spray tan appointment in preparation for yet another mediocre New Year’s Eve.
- Rocking up to your new ‘friend’s’ house (upgraded from very loose acquaintance when you found out they have a pool).
- To flaunt your freshly-waxed toes, a generous add-on provided by your Off & On technician at the end of a punishing post-winter hair removal sesh.
- Teaming with the theme at a Euphoria S1 and S2 rewatch marathon, as the writer’s strike pushes production of S3 ever further away.
- During the slightly gratuitous rinse off at the public beach showers (again, safety first!)
- When you’re trying to look low-mainty in front of your older brother’s newly eligible mate, whose first wife was more of a Louboutins and Laurent-Perrier girlie.
Featuring the brand’s iconic flip-flop style in green and brown colourways, the Havaianas x Barbie Ferreira collaboration is available exclusively at Havaianas.co.nz, RRP $50 NZD.