While ALÉMAIS made an impactful runway debut opening Afterpay Australian Fashion Week with its vibrant Resort ‘24, KABOOM collection, sporting symphonic rainbows, galaxies, and the future, the David Bowie-inspired beauty perfectly embodied the magic and spirit of the brand.
Presenting 69 looks, KABOOM is a celebration of dreams, moving from dark to light and exploring the space between reality and the future.
“We’ve opened the door to the universe of ALÉMAIS, showcasing a collection filled with symphonic rainbows, galaxies and the future. We wanted to bring the magic and spirit of the brand to life and connect to the adventure of life. It was both a personal and collective dream come true,” says Lesleigh Jermanus, Co-Founder and Creative Director.
With NARS’ Velvet Matte Lip Pencil as the hero, the beauty look plays off the colour, vibrance, and 70s references that ALÉMAIS is synonymous with and features in the Resort ‘24 collection.
Makeup Director Rae Morris describes the look as “the perfect combination of couture rock and glitter glam. Think, Bowie meets chic elevated luxury.”
If you’re feeling the ALÉMAIS x MECCA runway vibe, here’s everything you need to recreate the look at home for your own joy:
The base: A healthy, glowing skin with a swish of faux flush brought a summer-skin elevation to prints that beg for an Aperol-sipping holiday.
- Westman Atelier Vital Skin Foundation
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- NARS Exhibit A Blush
- Rose Inc Cream Blush Refillable Lip and Cheek Colour
- Stila Convertible Colour – Gerbera
- RMS Living Luminizer
- Rae Morris Invisible Mattifier Powder
The details: Starry-eyed, as bold as it gets. Pops of rich reds brought a nostalgic glamour to the runway.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella
- Urban Decal Lip Liner Bad Blood
- NARS High Pigment Longwear Eyeliner
- Kosas LipFuel Hyaluronic Lip Balm – Baseline
- Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Mascara
- Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil
Beauty photos by Studio La Tessa, Runway images by Luca Dawson